Meteos released a new Version of the map 1944 Huertgen Forest
Story: 1944: Huertgen Forest was thickly wooded, cut by steep defiles and trails.
The Axis built deep, artillery-proof bunkers, surrounded by fighting positions.
AXIS - The Allies are attempting to steal valuable supplies from the Axis Truckyard, stop them at all costs!
ALLIES - The Axis Truckyard contains valuable supplies. We must secure them to claim victory in the Forest!
Changelog (since previous public release)
> Final 2.1
* Time limit management:
- Initial time limit reduced to 20 minutes;
- Extension when the Tank is stolen (not on first repair) (+10);
- Extension when the Truck is stolen (when exiting the Truckyard) (+5)
* Slightly improved VIS blocking.
* Optimized T-Junctions some more.
* Caulked more non-visible surfaces.
* Rewrote shaders and cleaned map script.
* Added a flash animation and a firing sound to the AT-Gun when used.
* Adjusted the Tank turret rotation angle while shooting the Truckyard Gate.
* Fixed the trigger time of the AT-Gun: it will shoot only 5+ seconds after a shot.
* Updated the map coordonates so the original Command Map fits with the objectives locations.
* Terrain lighting is now on a single lightmap, for a smoothed lighting. However, func_group's still affect it.
Also note that the texture blending is affected (only the brushes going through the skybox).
> Final 2.0 Fixed
* Optimized T-Junctions a lot.
* Caulked a lot more surfaces inside the buildings.
* AT-Gun: trigger time increased from 0.1 to 5 seconds.
* Fixed Flipped Triangles during MergeMetaTriangles pass.
* Smoothed shadowing on terrain, less pixelated tree/bush shadows.
* Fixed brush/texture alignment on the Foot Bridge (Thanks Tardis).
* Spawn areas are SK/Arty/Mortar/Landmine-protected (Thanks |MTC|).
* Removed solid brushes at the bottom of the bushes models (Thanks |MTC|).
* Reduced AT-Gun blast radius, so behind the house is safe now (Thanks |MTC|).
* Renamed the Health and Ammo cabinets, depending on their respective locations.
* The Axis Door, east from Farm, can no longer be trickjumped by Allies (Thanks |MTC|).
* The Axis North Path door wasn't destructible (Brush was solid): fixed (Thanks Tardis & Harry Homers).
* Added Push Targets above Axis North Path building and above Village Bunker to prevent double-jump TJ (Thanks |MTC|).
* Changed Axis North Path Command Map icon behavior:
- When it is built, it will show up as a Grenade for Allies and a custom icon for Axis,
while before it was only showing a Grenade for Allies (Nothing for Axis, could be confusing),
- When it is destroyed, it shows Construction Materials for Axis,
while before it was showing a custom icon for them.
* Colored locations in Fireteam:
- Red (^1) for Destructibles.
- Green (^2) for Spawns.
- Blue (^$) for Water.
Additionnal thanks to Dragonji, Micha, Sedra12, Smurfer, Teuthis, Thunder, WuTangH and |MTC| clan peeps for their feedback!
Download or test the map here
Source: Mateos via Shoutbox | Splashdamage